The cross platform node based image editing and painting software for FreeBSD / PC-BSD, Linux, Mac OSX and Windows.
Grand Canyon picture from cgtextures.com
NodePaint is a new application for creating and editing images with nodes. Nodes are small operations that you can combine to achieve unlimited flexibility and creativity in your work. At any time you can go back and change any parameter in your node chain, which updates everything connected automatically.
Imagine the following scenario. You have cropped a image and ran a couple effects on it. Now you notice: You have cropped too much, you would need a bit more of the original image. With NodePaint this is not a problem at all, you simply go back to you crop node and drag the crop rectangle. All effects applied after the crop, are updated automatically.
NodePaint is in early development phase, the current features are:
- Basic image editing capabilities
- Export any image in any step of the node network (aka go back in time if necessary)
- Multicore processing for fast results
- Automated image processing via command line
- Runs on FreeBSD / PC-BSD, Linux, Mac OS-X and Windows
You can join in early for a reduced price and get weekly builds while being able to have impact on the development with your feedback.
The reduced pricing phase will end, once NodePaint has reached it's final feature set for the release version:
- Improved image editing capabilities
- Natural drawing support with Wacom (tm) support and realistic brush nodes
NodePaint will is available via an early access program